w(a/o)nderings

i love golden afternoon sunshine and feeling nostalgic. i love dancing till i cant feel my feet and getting rides home in the fresh new daylight with strangers. i love drinking tea and painting in monochromatic colors. i love rambling and secret drawers. i love science fiction and nabokov. i love bright eyes and royksopp. i love you loving me.

My Photo
Name:

often times an insufferable know it all

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Thoughts this Spring

I've been thinking a lot recently about how I haven't been writing in the past couple of years. As a somewhat painful and embarrassing exercise, I made myself re-read all of my old Livejournal entries from years ago. While it made me cringe and want to bitch-slap my younger self, it also served to show me that despite the fact that I don't feel myself changing every day, I have grown so much since then as a person and while I can still remember what I felt when I wrote those entries, I don't relate to them anymore. And I think that's a good thing.

I've been thinking a lot about where I am now at nearly 29 years old. I suppose part of the reason I want to write and document these thoughts and feelings is so in 10 years time I can go through the exercise of feeling embarrassed again by the things I say now.

Another thing I want to write about are the books I read. I've been keeping a list since May 2005 of all the books I've read, but looking back on my list now, I realize that I've forgotten whole books and I would like to keep track of not only the books I read, but of my impressions of it as well. I'm going to go back through my list for the past few months and start with those and then hopefully keep up as I go along. I do hope future me appreciates my efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home