w(a/o)nderings

i love golden afternoon sunshine and feeling nostalgic. i love dancing till i cant feel my feet and getting rides home in the fresh new daylight with strangers. i love drinking tea and painting in monochromatic colors. i love rambling and secret drawers. i love science fiction and nabokov. i love bright eyes and royksopp. i love you loving me.

My Photo
Name:

often times an insufferable know it all

Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Little History of the World

A Little History of the World - Ernst Gombrich
January 2009

Tony gave this to me for Christmas. This was a history book written for children which tells a story about world history without bogging it down with too many details and dates. The chapters are short and overall it's a really easy read. I enjoyed it immensely because it's been a long time since I've studied history and it brought back into focus which events happened first and how various big events are tied together. It gave a great overview and inspired me to research a few different things through the course of reading it. However, I do find the title a bit misleading. Although it is called A Little History of the World, what it should be called is A Little History of the Western World with Brief Mention of Other Parts of Other Parts.

Also, I liked the cover of the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home