w(a/o)nderings

i love golden afternoon sunshine and feeling nostalgic. i love dancing till i cant feel my feet and getting rides home in the fresh new daylight with strangers. i love drinking tea and painting in monochromatic colors. i love rambling and secret drawers. i love science fiction and nabokov. i love bright eyes and royksopp. i love you loving me.

My Photo
Name:

often times an insufferable know it all

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Misfortune - Wesley Stace

Misfortune - Wesley Stace
April 2009

I woke up yesterday and was intent on finishing this book. I've been reading this for weeks and couldn't wait to finish, but not because I liked the book. The book is quite thick and by the time I came to a decision that I really didn't like the book, I was already about half way through it and felt like I should continue because I had already invested so much time in it. Although the story is told from the protagonist's perspective, it didn't feel very personal and there was always a remove between the story and the feelings. The story is implausible and all of the characters act as cliches of themselves. The ending didn't save an otherwise bad book and the relief I felt upon completing it was because it meant that I could start reading something better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home